4/28/2004

Are you in your happy place? You know, feeling pretty ok. There's nothing looming on the horizon or lurking in the cerebellum. Nothing pressing, bugging, nagging, irritating, overwhelming, or on fire? Good. That's nice. I am most definitely not in my happy place. This morning I am having difficulty remembering what my happy place looks like. Allow me to whine for a moment will you? Thanks.
I'm sick. About two and a half weeks into his bacterial infection, Jeff, through no fault of his own, infected me. I've got this cough. It's a real pisser. It lays low most of the day but when the sun goes down the expectorant comes out to play. Since about 4AM this morning I've been coughing up shit I'd expect to see in my garden snacking on my daisies.* Fucking nasty I know. How do you think I feel knowing there's a big ball of that shit in my throat? I'll tell you how. It makes me want to fucking vomit. Sometimes as I'm coughing I almost do. Too much info? Too bad.

Yet another factor in my shit day is acne. Not on me but on my poor cat Feya. I noticed it yesterday. Her beautiful white chin with coffee stain is crusted in black ick. The main cause of feline acne is the use of plastic food bowls. But my kitty bowls are porcelain. Another cause of it ~ stress. Thanks Bear. The orchid chewing and furniture scratching wasn't enough, you had to stress out my good girl. So, she (Feya) has a vet appointment today. You may wonder what the big deal is with acne on a cat. Google it. I dare you. It can get quite serious if left untreated.

Let's wrap up my whine fest shall we? In between coughing and brushing my teeth this morning I did the unthinkable. I stepped on the scale. Why Lord? Why do I torment myself? According to the scale I've gained two pounds. It nearly brought me to tears. And I don't want to hear fuck-all about muscle weighing more than fat. Why the fuck am I killing myself at aerobics? I'm sitting here in my gym clothes as I type this. I have a class in a half hour. I went yesterday morning, and Monday evening. I have power yoga tonight and horseback riding lessons tomorrow and Friday. I have been moving my ass people and yet it's still as large as fucking ever. Alright. I'm done. I have to get going to my hi-low class. I'm sure I'll feel somewhat better for having done it. Maybe I'll catch a glimpse of my happy place. Or maybe I'll just see pudge and a red faced girl.

*Yes, I'm calling my doctor.

No comments: