*exhales*
Well I had my first day at the new job today and it was AWESOME! I met lots of new people and so far they all seem like very cool people! I know I am going to be able to kick ass at this position but I'm a tiny bit nervous in that it seems, despite being a new hire, I'm already higher up than some folks already there. But I guess that's not unusual considering how freaking HUGE this company is. This morning and early afternoon was orientation with the buildings (three towers, cafeteria, two fitness centers, golf center, day care, dry cleaning, mail room, parking...whew!) then I went on to my new cube which is very roomy and has a gianormous Mac and met my co-workers. So far so good! The rest of the day was spent in mini-meeings with people I'll be working with and getting an idea of what they expect of me. This is going to continue all week! Tomorrow more introductions and some training on new software, I even have to go to an off site building to meet with folks from systems. Wow. Wowee-wow-wow. First day = loving it.
Have I mentioned it's 6.5 miles away?! Please don't hate me!
No comments:
Post a Comment