8/02/2006

June 13 - I submitted my resume to a job posting on craigslist. An hour later I got an email asking if I could do a phone interview that afternoon, which I did.
June 14 - Follow-up face to face interview with an understanding I'd be sent a project to test my design & development skills. The project would be sent when I got back from vacation in five days and I would be paid for my time.
July 7 - Project is finally sent to me, contact also indicates how much I will be paid to work on it.
July 14 - I submit my work.
July 24 - I email contact asking the status of the job.
August 2 - STILL NO WORD.

I am a very patient person but I am officially pissed. What does it take to send me an email to let me know what is going on? Did I get the job? No? Fine, just tell me so. Still interviewing potential candidates?? I won't be devastated to find out, please just let me know. Hiring process hung up in the useless pit that is HR? I understand! What is so hard about this? Why is it that in this day and age of easy and instantaneous communication do companies insist on keeping job seekers in the dark? It would take approximately 30 seconds to write a note to let me know if I should be wasting my time wondering if I got the job or not. This is BULLSHIT!!!

*sigh*


At the very least the fuckers owe me money.

No comments: