Surprise! I'm back to my old Blogger account and template. I forgot how much I liked the look of this one. The pretty interface is only part of the reason for the switch. I was getting sick and tired of those fucking comment spammers. Wordpress has all sorts of spam plugins but I was getting nowhere implementing them so I took the lazy way out and here I am. What I don't get is none of those links even went anywhere. What's the point of bombarding someone with spam if you have nothing to show people? Idiots!
I kept some of my old links and brought over all the current blogs I read. A few blasts from the past have returned as well. Namely the never-used forum, my Duchovny gallery and a link to my crap movies. I got a good chuckle watching them again. Maybe I'll make a few more just for laughs.
So we got another stinkin' foot of snow yesterday. Despite how pretty is was to look at I felt my shoulders slump at the sight of it all. Will this winter never end?? *sigh*
In other news last week I began visiting a chiropractor. My back's been bothering me off and on for the past year or so. After poking, prodding and x-rays my doctor (whose name is MacIver...as in MacGyver but different) thinks my back problems are the result of an old injury. And after narrowing it down we came to the conclusion it was probably that fall from a running horse I took back in April of 01. So there's more curve at the base of my spine than there should be and I have a bit of disc degeneration to boot. Man it sucks getting old! But unlike getting old, the condition is reversible. Reversible in that I get to go once a week and have "an adjustment" which is a fancy way of saying "have your spine cracked like a knuckle". But the long and short of it is the adjustments feel good and my back is already feeling better. So much better that after last week (and this week's) adjustment I had my Western riding lesson. And can I just say, Western horseback riding is SO much more fun than English. It's more fun, relaxed, natural, etc etc. I could kick myself for wasting so much time on English. Today I was guiding my horse around the ring, circling poles and doing figures eights...at the walk and sitting trot. No more posting, yay! And no more stinkin' lunge line either. Two lessons and I feel my confidence level is back to where it was years ago pre-fall. They teach bareback riding too which is something I've always had an interest in. For now though I'll concentrate on what I'm doing.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment