Man am I tired. Tired tired tired! I've been out all day running errands and getting my shit together for my little jaunt to NYC tomorrow. I'll be riding in with Jeff in the AM just like in the old days back when I had a real job. (sigh) It'll be fun though, I always like to make a special guest appearance on the train. It throws all my old train buddies for a loop. Becky and I depart Boston at 9:35 and should arrive in Penn Station around 2PM. Our hotel is .03 miles from Penn and Madison Square Garden is at the station so we'll not even have to bother with a cab. Excellent!
Our seats are on John Taylor's side right next to the stage (see green star) but a bit to the rear. Far better than the nose bleed seats I expected to settle for this close to the show date (and for what we were willing to pay, we may be Duranies but we're not stupid!).
Anyway, along with being tired I'm very excited for our little road (rail) trip. I like doing this sorta hit-and-run thing with New York. One of these days I'll actually stop and take in some attractions. But then if the sight of the Empire State building during the day is any indication....perhaps I won't bother! Becky and I saw it last time we were there and it looked so old and icky we couldn't be sure it was the Empire State. I blame Sex & The City...that show made everything in New York look beautiful. And it also makes me feel I cannot go there with nothing more than a pair of sneakers. I absolutely MUST bring the most frilly, completely nonsensical pair of shoes I own!
No comments:
Post a Comment